Music has a lot of positive benefits, as it helps children to develop their cognitive, creative, intellectual, and psychological skills. The musical activities are a very attractive resource in Kindergarten, as they improve learning in all areas of knowledge. It is a very fun and engaging tool that kids love, and what’s more, one that is frequently used at Casvi.
Thanks to these activities, which are organized by our teachers in both English and Spanish, children acquire all kinds of knowledge. It also helps them develop different emotions that are key not only in their daily learning, but also in their relationship with peers, teachers and relatives. As the singer María Augusta Von Trapp said: “Music is like a magic key that opens the hearts that are closed”.
That is the reason why at Casvi, children can learn music within school hours, as well as within the Music Club.
Additionally, the variety of musical activities are related to the different Units of Inquiry that take place in the classroom, as Casvi’s educational project follows the International Baccalaureate Organization directives. In this case, these tasks are carried out within the PEP.
Music in English
These types of activities are very popular in Kindergarten. Thanks to music, students can learn new English vocabulary words in a fun and engaging way. It is worth pointing out that these activities integrate the Jolly Phonics method, which allows pupils to learn foreign languages in an easier manner, and in their early stages, helps them to learn the sounds of letters in a natural way.
Music in Spanish
As for Spanish learning, these musical activities also have many educational benefits for children, more specifically when improving their math and language skills. What’s more, it also promotes their physical development.
Benefits of learning with music
When our students feel so passionate about music, this can influence them in a very positive way. In conclusion, the following are the 10 most important benefits for the development of musical activities at our school.
- It develops children’s memory, concentration, and attention span.
- It boosts their intelligence by improving their ability to solve mathematical and complex problems of reasoning.
- Student’s body expression is stimulated.
- It introduces children to the sounds and meaning of words. It also strengthens their learning and helps them improve their language.
- It helps them to become more sociable
- It develops their creativity and fosters their imagination.
- As it is combined with dance, it boosts their senses, balance and muscular development.
- It triggers their memory and images, which, in turn, enriches the mind.
- It promotes the integral development of students, as it goes together with other areas of development.
- And finally, It helps them to establish a routine and allows them to become more disciplined creating associations between music and specific activities.