Casvi uses ICT as an educational tool on a daily basis as it has done so for three decades, since its foundation. Due to the pandemic, ICT have gained even more importance and has proven to be an essential tool to improve students’ learning.
The March lockdown highlighted the importance of these technologies and gave a helping hand to everyone in the Casvi community. Thanks to our different organizational systems, communication management and cooperative work, students were still able to attend classes online following their normal schedule.
The beginning of school in September forced us to face different situations: face-to-face classes, online classes, and a hybrid method. From our past experiences, teachers and students alike have shown how prepared they are for any type of classroom learning, whether it’s face-to-face, online, or a combination of those two. For different reasons, we are dealing with students who need to take online classes or with teachers who need to teach them that way, even as the rest of their partners are learning face-to-face.
Digitalization will allow us to continue innovating and improving methodological aspects. We were pioneers in introducing new tools that favored knowledge acquisition and students’ skills: iPad, digital blackboards, digital books, applied robotics, PTR department (Programming, Technology and Robotics), etc. We are still continuing to pursue these important avenues, all with one clear objective in mind: to give the best possible education to students no matter what happens
Benefits of ICT in Education
Regardless of the exceptional circumstances we are living in due to Covid-19, it is very clear that ICT have changed our habits. In education, these tools strengthen teaching and learning as it increases the opportunity to access knowledge, develop cooperative skills and instill positive values to students.
According to Aquae Foundation, the main 10 advantages of using ICT in education are:
- Facilitate comprehension. The use of ICT motivate and grab students’ attention easily, hence content is assimilated in a quicker way.
- Foster digital and audiovisual literacy. Students acquire the necessary digital and audiovisual competences for their professional future.
- Increase student’s autonomy. Self-learning is possible thanks to the use of these tools, which help people to become more self-sufficient and decisive.
- Teach students how to be team players and work with each other. ICT promotes interaction between students and facilitates collaborative work. In that sense, gamification turns out to be an outstanding educational tool.
- Help students to develop critical thinking. They offer many possibilities to exchange ideas with people from other countries, which helps pupils get in touch with different cultures.
- It makes education more flexible. ICT allow students to follow their own learning rhythm by accessing additional contents or materials depending on their learning needs.
- Speed up communication within the school’s community. Everybody has faster access to the same tools.
- Encourage motivation in students so they can be successful in any subject.
- Update learning methodologies and their processes. The ongoing development of new technologies increases quality education.
- Students pay more attention in class. Online content helps pupils learn more in a shorter time.