Last Monday, Telemadrid camera crews visited our school in order to witness first hand two of the most up-to-date topics: Teacher’s Day and the school bus service.
Our teachers spoke about Teacher’s Day as it’s a very special date in which their daily hard work with students really stands out. Needless to say, ICT plays an important role in all of it. As a result, teachers worked harder during the lockdown, as the pandemic forced many schools to close and classes were moved online.
Thanks to this online learning, our students could continue attending classes following their regular school schedule. They did so from their respective homes and through Teams, a Microsoft tool.
However, they are still working hard. While teachers have returned to the classrooms, their daily routine consists of combining on-site classes with online ones, and working tirelessly to help students who cannot make it to school due to Covid-19. Moreover, not only does the quality of the classes remain the same; but also the care and attention from the teachers. In this way, the students feel supported and have a strong sense of belonging to a group.
USE OF ICT IN EDUCATION
ICT continues to be the cornerstone of Casvi’s educational project. In spite of the extraordinary circumstances we are facing due to Covid-19, access to the Internet and to different technological devices in and outside the classroom have enhanced the methodology.
All in all, these have many added benefits, which go hand in hand with that of the International Baccalaureate:
- Facilitate understanding. The use of ICT helps to increase students’ concentration and maintain focus easier. Thus, contents are assimilated in a faster way.
- Autonomy. ICT promote self-learning, making students capable to solve any real problem by helping them develop their own administration and content management. It’s a methodology based on teaching pupils how to learn and on how to build their own knowledge. Plus, the Internet allows students to consult many different resources, to gather information, and to select the most relevant ones.
- Teamwork. ICT promote students’ interaction and favors teamwork, which are necessary qualities used in the real professional world.
- Critical thinking. Internet and social networking sites allows for the sharing of different points of view. Hence, debating is key when the brain is growing and developing.
- Flexibility. Students follow different learning rhythms taking into account additional contents or materials depending on pupils’ needs.
The use of ICT in education not only benefits students, but also the teachers, as it allows them to optimize tasks, to be more efficient, and to make their work more appealing.
SCHOOL BUS SERVICE
As far as the school bus service is concerned, Casvi offers different bus routes, all of which follow Covid-19 security measures. The following routes are: Madrid, Arroyomolinos, Alcorcón, Getafe, Leganés, Fuenlabrada, Móstoles, Navalcarnero, Sevilla la Nueva, Boadilla del Monte, Villaviciosa de Odón and Griñón, among others.
In each and every one of these routes, our students are accompanied by a schoolteacher at all times.