Our school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, as they are one of the main cornerstones of Casvi’s educational project. Here are 6 tips that might help you with your decision.
- Students are not obliged to participate in these activities.
- It is important for the extracurricular class to motivate the student. Hence, the pupil’s needs should be taken into consideration.
- Extracurricular activities should not induce stress or make students feel like they are under pressure. On the contrary, they should be seen as a fun and engaging way of learning.
- It needs to be taken into account that the activities will only take part in the students’ leisure time, that is, pupils also must have time to do their homework, as well as time to play and relax.
- Students must choose those activities that best fit and develop their aptitude and skills set.
- The activities should be age appropriate so that students are able to get the most out of it.
All these extracurricular activities appeal to the children’s artistic and athletic interests, among others.
In this video, we will inform you about the origin and evolution of the extra-curricular activities throughout the history of our school, whose foundation dates back to 1985. It was then that Casvi’s first extra-curricular sports activities for children started.
Thus, the Rhythmic Gymnastics School, the Soccer School, the Basketball School and the Swimming School were created, all of which have had a great reception among the students. It was also then that the first participants got their first taste of success, both in local and regional competitions.
Here are the top 6 benefits that extra-curricular activities have for children:
- They build on formal education. On the one hand, there are extracurricular activities in Madrid that are school subjects-related (support classes, languages…). On the other hand, there are others that develop disciplines that are not taught during school hours.
- Energy Release. They will help you relax and clear your mind after a day jam packed with lessons!
- Promote socialization and encourage teamwork. Extracurricular activities for children are the perfect tool for working on children’s socialization, since they help to build up a strong self-esteem, as well as to develop values, such as respect and tolerance.
- Stimulate the learning process. There is not just a single way to learn content or values.
- Boost your emotional health. Extracurricular activities reduce peer-to-peer issues and improve hyperactivity or emotional symptomatology by positively impacting school performance.
- They are an alternative to ‘harmful leisure’. Extracurricular activities offer a healthier and more complete alternative to TV or gaming.
In this present course 2020-21, our goal is the same as in previous years but with the logical limitations caused by the situation of ‘fight and prevention’ against the Covid-19 virus. That is the reason why intensive work is being done to organize those extracurricular activities so that they could be carried out without any risk to the student. Among the options that are ring considered are that of having the lessons online, for which our teachers and students are fully prepared, thanks in part to our past experience during the confinement.