The Language Exchange Program between the International Private School Eurocolegio Casvi and the Eisenhower School, in Tulsa (USA), is an exciting experience that has recently been resumed after its interruption due to the pandemic.
This activity offers our 5th and 6th grade students the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in cultural diversity while improving their English language skills. Students who are already there, in Oklahoma, accompanied by their host families and their new schoolmates.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS LANGUAGE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
1. History of the Exchange
This Language Exchange Program between Casvi Villaviciosa and the Eisenhower School in Tulsa has a long history that goes back several years. This collaboration began as an initiative to foster cultural understanding and knowledge exchange between students from two different countries: Spain and the United States. Over the years, it has become an integral part of the educational experience at Casvi Villaviciosa.
2. Objectives of this Language Exchange Program
The main objective of this Language Exchange Program is to provide Casvi Villaviciosa students with the opportunity to improve their English skills in an immersive way. By interacting with American students and teachers at the Eisenhower School, Spanish students can perfect their English pronunciation, comprehension and fluency.
3. Student resilience
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the Language Exchange Program. Travel restrictions and public health concerns forced the temporary suspension of this valuable activity. Despite this, the students of Casvi Villaviciosa showed remarkable resilience. They continued their English studies virtually and then again in the classroom and kept in touch with the Einsehower School students through the Internet. This determination helped them keep the excitement of the exchange alive even in difficult times.
4. The thrill of returning
After a period of waiting, the day has finally arrived when Casvi Villaviciosa students have been able to travel to Tulsa to resume the exchange. The excitement was palpable as they boarded the planes bound for the United States. This triumphant return symbolized not only the reopening of the Language Exchange Program, but also a ray of hope in uncertain times.
From the very beginning and after their arrival in Tulsa, Casvi Villaviciosa students have been immersed in the family and school life of the Eisenhower School.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS LANGUAGE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- How long does this language exchange program last? This language exchange lasts approximately two months.
- What benefits does this program offer to students? The program offers students the opportunity to improve their English skills, better understand American culture, and build their confidence and resilience.
- Who participates in the exchange? On this occasion, our 5th and 6th grade students participated in this unique life experience.
- What is the role of teachers in language exchange? Teachers accompany students during the exchange, providing academic and emotional support.
- What is the long-term impact of this program on students? The program has a lasting impact by improving students’ language skills, intercultural understanding and self-confidence. It also creates international ties that can last a lifetime.
OTHER LANGUAGE EXCHANGES AT CASVI
From Colegio Privado Internacional we organize these student exchanges without any intermediary agency, through direct contact with schools around the world.